finally ordered my stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
well after months of looking, and flipping, and flopping, i finally made my decision and ordered my insert. i went with the avalon rainier, i think the size will fit my house perfectly, it will heat most of my living areas running comfortably, and if i ever need it to heat the whole house i dont think it will be hard if i crank it up. i got a great price, i'm comfortable that the shop i bought from will do a responsible and safe install, and i have about three cords of wood split and stacked for next winter and more wood is on its way!

anyway i want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and advice with me!

Welcome to the Travis Industries family, you'll love the stove!

there is one pretty big problem with my purchase and thats that i am going to have to stare at a fireless stove everyday for the next 6 months. its going to be a long summer.

krex1010 said:
there is one pretty big problem with my purchase and thats that i am going to have to stare at a fireless stove everyday for the next 6 months. its going to be a long summer.

I'm sure you'll have a cool/damp night where you can fire up a small fire with the windows open. :lol:

I went through that last year, had my stove still in the box sitting in the garage til Nov.

yeah i never did get that rainier, i ended up getting a pacific energy pacific insert.

i was going to get a rainier that was a display model in the showroom, which came at a discounted price, but it turned out that it was the 45 degree flue and i needed the 90 degree flue, so getting the 90 flue bumped the price up considerably, then the salesman told me they recently started selling pacific energy stoves and after looking at them i really liked the pacific insert, the firebox is a little larger than the rainier and it is set up for north south loading, which i like, and it was about $400 bucks less than the rainier, so thats what i went with. i cant wait to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.