1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Finally....something good about Instant Heat-less pellets....LOL

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by imacman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. imacman

imacman Guest

Well, we were racing last night at Woodhull (NY) Raceway. We started P7 and passed the leader on the last lap to win.

Guess who one of the sponsors of the race was? Look at the sign in the lower right:
    Woodhull victory.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Congrats on the win!

They do suck up oils spills fyi! ::-)
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

If we had gotten a bag or 2 of them as a contingency award, that's all they would have been used for....EVER! LOL
  4. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Did they donate the pellets to clean up oil spills on the track?
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

LOL.....don't know. But the wood fibre WOULD eventually get worked into the (dirt) track and help retain moisture. That's where our driver made his pass for the win....on the top of the track where there was a little moisture left.

There is a track in NY that mixes wood chips into the track for just that purpose.
  6. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
  7. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

we have quite a lot of folks who use pellets for horse/animal bedding and kitty litter!
  8. ScotL

ScotL Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    The wrong species of wood in a pellet can kill a horse. Pellets made specifically for horse bedding are usually all softwood.
  9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

yup, you want softwoods.....the horse folks tell me that hardwoods mess with the hooves or something. Ever see how much they charge for softwood pellets specifically labeled for horses, compared to softwoods for burning? I think theres a bit of extra margin in there for the bedding folks.....must be all the extra ink on the bags for the pony pellets
  10. ScotL

ScotL Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    The moisture content is often a little higher and the pellets broken up more when made specifically for bedding. Extra care has to be taken with the wood supply too. You wouldn't want a prize horse to die from eating Black Walnut. There's quite a list of trees toxic to horses that I never knew about before researching animal bedding.
    http://www.equisearch.com/farm_ranch/management/eqtoxic436/
  11. nayslayer

nayslayer Member

Loc:
    wallkill,ny
    ha, congratulations on the win.
  12. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    So, your wife is like a super model too?

winning all around it looks like.... congrats!
  13. ScotL

ScotL Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Maine
    • Steven Wright: A friend of mine has a trophy wife, but apparently, it wasn't first place.
    briansol and mepellet like this.
  14. imacman

imacman Guest

Actually, I'm not the driver.....that's his girlfriend in the pic (she used to work at Hooters). I was too busy taking tire pressures & temps to be in that pic. The work of the pit crew never ends....LOL.
    briansol likes this.
  15. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    well geeze, that's no fun. lol we demand more pics of you with instant heats!
  16. imacman

imacman Guest

NEVER!