1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

FINALLY....Woodstock Fireview installed, seasoned and first secondary

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by sailor61, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sailor61

sailor61 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Warwick, RI
    It took years but the Fireview (bought for a prior house etc) is installed, the old hearth is gone, front of the fireplace has been rebuilt, new stainless liner in the flue... Tonight is the first secondary burn ......OMG the heat this thing puts out ! Den ( 18 by 19) is at 84, 4 season (12 by 15) porch opened up and in the 70s, fans blowing heat into other end of the house... And it's 5 above outside. I can't say enough good about the customer support from both Woodstock and Rockford Chimney.....highly rec both. They run their businesses the way things used to be....helpful, pleasant,patient, knowledgable, outstanding quality. I'll post some install pictures in the next couple days.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Welcome.

I know you'll get great comfort from that marvelous, reliable stove for years to come.
  3. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    Good night to test it too, if it keeps you warm tonight, your golden
    PapaDave likes this.
  4. Cross Cut Saw

Cross Cut Saw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Boulder, CO
    Nice, you're going to love burning that stove!

5. charly

charly Guest

Life just got easier,,,you'll find the Fireview is a pleasure to run.....congratulations on getting your new stove up and running! Yes the folks at Woodstock are 100%.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Great! You'll love this stove so long as you feed it good fuel. And you are right on about Woodstock.

One thing you might try though and have great luck with is to not blow the heat to the other end of the house. Sounds crazy huh? Instead, try using a small desktop fan (not pedestal) sitting in a doorway or hallway. Use the lowest speed setting. Then blow the air toward the stove room. Doing it this way will actually move more of that warm air to the other rooms because it is easier to move cool air into the warm than to move the warm into the cool. Give it a try!
    Berner likes this.
  7. sailor61

sailor61 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Warwick, RI
    I'll give that a try. It should allow me to put the fan in the hall by the bedrooms rather than in the space of the house I use all the time. House is a ranch and the FV is in a good sized den that is an addition on the back of the house so moving the heat is a challenge.
  8. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    Get some pics man! Congrats, I'm 5 weeks into my "new" Woodstock PH, and love it more everyday.

That fan blowing in trick works great. My stove is on my 2nd floor (upside down house), so the challenge is getting heat down stairs. I have put a small 6" clip on desk fan from Wallymart for $10 on my staircase pointing up to the stove room. It draws lots of cold air from downstairs up, which pulls warm air down.
  9. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Loc:
    New London Pa
    I am in the exact same situtation. but my addition is down a long hallway lined with closets off of my rancher
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Don't worry about the long hallway. Just sit a fan in the hallway, close to where it starts. Blow the cool air toward the stove room and the rear rooms will warm up quite a bit.
    HDRock likes this.
  11. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    I have a long hallway also, Blowing the cool air toward the stove room in a long hallway works very, very well, the warm air above, flows through the hall like a big heat duct.

This small fan , I got at Manards, does the job very well , and is inexpensive, I run it on low.
    Honeywell Table Air Circulator Fan
    Sku: 6211300
    Model: HT-900
    $16.99