1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Finaly a decent Craigslist wood deal

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Dune, May 31, 2011.

1. Dune

Dune Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    http://capecod.craigslist.org/grd/2407628582.html

I know this guy.It is legit. I am getting a cord of red oak delivered today. 95% red. After I stack it I will get two more one at a time, and with what I have in stock, finaly be quite a few years ahead.

If you live on Cape Cod, check this out.

The wood is fresh, two months old at the most. For me, at this time, that means I will season it for 3 or 4 years, depending upon what I scrounge in the meantime.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    Thats a good price for the Cape.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    That's a great deal for any location.Yesterday on local CL there was an ad for approx 1 cord for FREE freshly dropped Red Oak - with no brush up to 20" diameter,rough cut in 3' lengths.If I didnt already have 4+ cords of dead Red/White Oak that I'm behind on splitting,wouldve gone & grabbed it. The ad was barely up 2hrs then deleted so I assume it was gone.On Saturday a tree service in Grimes (small semi-rural NW suburb) had Maple (probably Silver) & Honey Locust they would deliver & dump for free if you lived in NW part of metro area.That sounded great too,awesome combo of fuel! :coolsmile: