Fine ash film throughout my house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rprose

Hey everyone!

I am a new home owner and have a Breckwell Big E P1000 older model pellet stove in my mud room. I have never owned a pellet stove, but decided this winter to heat my home with softwood Mattra(sp) pellets! I bought 3 pallets this Fall and it does an AWESOME job heating my home! Easy to maintain...I had a professional come over in September to thoroughly clean it, and I clean out the burn pot area every 2 days....HOWEVER!

I have a fine ash film throughout my house! When I clean my duster is black! It is a small film but it is everywhere...upstairs and downstairs.

I called the pro to check it out and hopefully he can check it out over the next couple of weeks.

Is this normal?
Is it dangerous to my health?

Any tips on what to do, and what to look for?

Thanks!!!!

This should be moved from the wood stove to the Pellet forum. @begreen ?