1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

fines in auger

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Barrett, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Barrett

Barrett Member

Loc:
    SE Vermont
    Thanks guys for helping me figure this one out! I've been having a really low flame in my Castille. Today I pulled out the auger, and was amazed at the amount of fines that spewed forth. After much vacuuming and brushing, it runs great. Now many pellets fall out, before it was maybe 3 or 4. The flames almost hit the top, where yesterday they barely went out of the top of the burnpot.

Can't remember if I have ever cleaned that before, gonna be a regular thing from now on.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

With a Quad, its Super important to do this about once a month. Pr vacuum the fines before they enter the hopper. I only vacuum my Hopper at the end of the year to empty my hopper and auger completely for the Summer season. Otherwise, ai run every bag through this Gem.

Finessifter.jpg
  3. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    And I use this setup out in the garage. Only takes a minute to fill three buckets (one bag).
    tn_IMGP1521.JPG