fines in auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

Dec 3, 2008
SE Vermont
Thanks guys for helping me figure this one out! I've been having a really low flame in my Castille. Today I pulled out the auger, and was amazed at the amount of fines that spewed forth. After much vacuuming and brushing, it runs great. Now many pellets fall out, before it was maybe 3 or 4. The flames almost hit the top, where yesterday they barely went out of the top of the burnpot.

Can't remember if I have ever cleaned that before, gonna be a regular thing from now on.

With a Quad, its Super important to do this about once a month. Pr vacuum the fines before they enter the hopper. I only vacuum my Hopper at the end of the year to empty my hopper and auger completely for the Summer season. Otherwise, ai run every bag through this Gem.

Finessifter.jpg

And I use this setup out in the garage. Only takes a minute to fill three buckets (one bag).
tn_IMGP1521.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.