Finished splitting yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Firewood Bandit

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2014
Western WIsconsin
Well I am pretty much done with firewood for the season. Now it is just a matter of Sun, Wind and Summer heat to make some pretty darn nice firewood. In the center you can see about 6 cord of Black Walnut, the campfire folks really liked it a lot last year. Smells good when burning and has a nice blue flame. There are two holes in the stack that I may fill if it dries up a lot. It is way to wet and soft in the yard to be hauling right now. All toll it generated 3.5 yards of splitter trash.

2a8p0rq.jpg

wk4i1t.jpg

fut860.jpg

vimhw2.jpg

2liyiac.jpg

230ihi.jpg

neevbb.jpg

n3mbh4.jpg

I am about to start splitting my winters haul. Although mine will be sitting for awhile as I won't burn it for another 10 years or so. Will have lots of time to lose it's moisture.

Some of the stuff I burned this year was sitting for 4 years and some for 7 years.

Reactions: JRHAWK9