Finished stacking, & helpers cleaning up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Wife wants to use the top of the tree where the big limbs Y'd off the trunk for a table at the fire pit.
Bark peels easy this time of the year. Might be tough to split anyway.
Helpers doing a great job cleaning up.

100_7731.JPG

100_7741.JPG 100_7734.JPG

Sweet !! 2 legged & 4 legged help, and some awesome kindling !!

Great pic :)

tables tops got to cur the same way splits do. Get the moisture out of it and get some pictures up of the finished product. Your a busy man Dave

Nice work Dave - looks like you had some fun - good luck with the table! Cheers!

Thats great Dave glad to see the kids involved!

Billy

Good idea using it for a table. Nice helpers you have there Dave.

You have willing laborers at hand, very nice...My 21 yr old needs to be penciled in for this kind of thing.

Thanks
How long will the round/table need to dry? 3 or 4 years ? LOL :)

Raining all day so far. So much for the planned cook out.
& my drying rows of wood, are getting wet <>
Not going back to tarp top covers, hope you all are right, it will dry out there. :)

Very neat and orderly setup you got there- great pics of the kids, too. sealing the ends of that ttable may cut down on the checking as it dries.

Very neat and orderly setup you got there- great pics of the kids, too. sealing the ends of that ttable may cut down on the checking as it dries.
Good idea.
Should I do it now or wait a few weeks so the ends are a bit drier? Oil or some kind of clear varnish/urethane?

Dave, I hope you covered your table:)

I put the table under the eve of the house. But I've been told here wood dries if left out in the elements, covered or not.
I'm watching it rain on my fire wood stacks for 14/15 & wondering how well they are drying. ;? !!!
The stuff in the wood shed appears to be drier. :confused:

• I seal the ends of my bowwood logs with shellac thinned 50-50 with alcohol thinner after quartering them. I'd seal the ends asap and maybe even the sides too. the idea is to get the moisture to leave slowly and evenly - the opposite of drying wood to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.