finnaly making some heat with my englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
Ok so i have a 25-pdvc and have it heating my house.. 2000 sq ft very open floor plan.. i was kinda disappointed in the heat i was getting out of it and how it ran.. dirty glass, lots of ash, etc.. over the weekend it got down to 19 degrees outside and the house got down to 58 degrees inside.. (with the stove running on 9-9) and the three buttons were set to 6-4-1.. after doing hours of research and reading 100's for forums.. I changed my burn mode from D to C and WOW what a difference! now i have it running on heat level 3 and keeping the house at a nice 73 degrees plus the glass stays clean.. now i know the stove has heat sensors and will shut down of it over fires. has anyone out there had that happen? i ran it on 9-9 for a few hours and it ran like a champ.. just seeing if anyone out there has done this and how it went for the long run?

seems to be the setting to have for the PDVC... I actually had to turn my stove off yesterday for 8 hours because the house was 22C, while the outside temp was a comfortable -7C... New pellets this year are cooking us :)

ya and i tried all kinds of pellets different brands, hardwood, softwood, and blends.. didn't matter what pellets i used i just didn't deliver heat.. i ended up going with hardwood softwood blends cause they seemed to run the best

Status
Not open for further replies.