Fire Brick Replacement ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterlooboy2hp

Oct 11, 2015
York Pa.
Just joined up. I have been running a Breckwell P4000 for 7 years. Made a few minor changes to the factory design, right after I bought it. (spent 44 years as a Machinist, prior to retiring in 2005, so it is hard for me to leave any factory designs alone, if I think I can improve them).

The original fire brick panels are getting somewhat tattered from age. I see these 4.5" x 9.0" x 1.25" replacement fire bricks in 6 packs, that are used in wood and coal stoves, but no talk of pellet stoves. Can I use them in a pellet stove?
They are twice as thick, but I can`t see that it would cause a problem. I have several ways to hold them together, for making the panels and cutting them is easy enough. --- John

Just joined up. I have been running a Breckwell P4000 for 7 years. Made a few minor changes to the factory design, right after I bought it. (spent 44 years as a Machinist, prior to retiring in 2005, so it is hard for me to leave any factory designs alone, if I think I can improve them).

The original fire brick panels are getting somewhat tattered from age. I see these 4.5" x 9.0" x 1.25" replacement fire bricks in 6 packs, that are used in wood and coal stoves, but no talk of pellet stoves. Can I use them in a pellet stove?
They are twice as thick, but I can`t see that it would cause a problem. I have several ways to hold them together, for making the panels and cutting them is easy enough. --- John

Welcome to Hearthheads! Firebrick is firebrick. I have them in both of my Harman Stoves.
If you're gonna cut em, a wet saw works best...

I recently bought a used Harmon PC45 and the brick were all cracked from moving the unit. I picked up new brick from my local Tractor Supply store for like $3 per brick.

I recently bought a used Harmon PC45 and the brick were all cracked from moving the unit. I picked up new brick from my local Tractor Supply store for like $3 per brick.
===================================

Thanks for the info. The TSC $2.99 price is the best deal out there. I will need 7, or 8 bricks to form the panels and thought I would have to buy 2 packs of 6, on line to cover it. I`ll do a cardboard mock-up first, so I can get the right amount in one trip to the local store. ---- John

I thought it was a great price. I added an extra brick in the back wall of my PC45.

How long have you had the PC45

4 days. Bought it used off craigslist. Will be installing it this week.

There was a nice one in the SW that was a steal. Good luck. Don't go cheap on the venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.