Fire Pit Burner Changeout: Round to H-Style

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tvl

May 8, 2022
California
Currently have a rectangular fire pit. Burner is circular and we want to change it out to an h-style burner. Gas is hard plumbed with a vertical riser, not a flexible metal or rubber hose.
Because the line is hard plumbed, if I buy an h-style burner, the length will be limited by the width of the fire pit as I will have to spin it onto the fitting on the hard line. Are there any h-style burners where you add the long parts of the H after the fitting is attached to the riser? I'm looking around and haven't seen any.

Generally, burners are a one-piece welded seam construction. Have you removed the round burner? What does the connection look like at the bottom of the pan? Can you pull the pan off the hard riser? Maybe if you posted a pic of what you have, we might have a better idea of a fix.

View attachment 295621

IMG_1832.JPG IMG_1833.JPG