Fireback on an Avalon 900 FS, needed or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
I recently rebuilt an Avalon 900 FS that was purchased used. It needs a new fire-back since this one has a crack in it. Anyone know of a place where I can purchase one? I tried online and found a place in Nevada but they won't ship unless you are local. I am in Central Connecticut.
Anyone with suggestions? The restore of the stove otherwise has turned out great.
Can I go ahead and use the stove without the firebrick back?
Avalon 900 PS refinished.jpg

I recently rebuilt an Avalon 900 FS that was purchased used. It needs a new fire-back since this one has a crack in it. Anyone know of a place where I can purchase one? I tried online and found a place in Nevada but they won't ship unless you are local. I am in Central Connecticut.
Anyone with suggestions? The restore of the stove otherwise has turned out great.
Can I go ahead and use the stove without the firebrick back?
View attachment 91068

I wouldn't. That firebrick is there to stop the heat from the firebox getting thru to the fuel in the hopper. Can you temporarily fit the pieces back in there & hold them together with RTV? Even a cracked firebrick is better then none.

Travis Industries Inc
4800 Harbour Pointe Blvd Sw
Mukilteo
WA 98275
Toll Free: 800-654-1177
Phone: 425-609-2500

Status
Not open for further replies.