Firebox Stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikewelland

Jan 5, 2015
earth
Hello all.

now this probably depends on the size of the stove you have but how does everyone load their firebox?

east to west (left to right)
or north and south (back to front)
or both?

as this probably makes a difference in burn times?

Thanks again everyone

Unless polling for curiosity sake, just search "north south" or "load". a billion threads about this.

Welcome to the forum. As Fsappo mentioned, this has been discussed and debated many times before but always a good topic. I do both in my Clydesdale. The optimal way for me to load to load N-S on the bottom of the firebox then E-W on top of those. This allows for the fullest firebox/longest burn times and rarely does a log fall forward against the glass. Everyone has their own preference that works best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.