Fired up my first bag of pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenn68

Sep 26, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
Finally got the stove installed this morning. Englander 25-PUF (pics coming)
Tossed in a bag of Stove Chow that the previous owner gave me with it. Cant really comment on the quality of the pellets since I have nothing to compare it to, but overall I am very happy. Got home tonight, plugged it in and it started right up. It took a good 5 mins for the pellets to ignite, and the whole start up took about 20 mins. Then the control panel shut down except for a green power light indicator, is this normal? It's been on for little more than an hour and I can already feel the basement getting warmer. Though it's not really cold tonight and don't need to have the heat running, I couldn't resist a test run with the new stove.

Yes, the green light being "on" by itself is normal. You should see "s u" in the control panel on start-up, and "s d" on shut-down.

Did you get an owners manual with it? I forget....is the basement finished?

I have the owners manual, but it didn't mention the control panel shutting off, or maybe I just skipped over that part? :)
The basement is finally finished, just got done painting and putting the floor down last week.

I had the stove running last night for about an 1-1/2 hour. But the air blowing out the front wasnt very hot. Not as hot as i would have expected it to be. How long should it take for it to heat up a 17X22 room from a cold start?

zenn68 said:
I have the owners manual, but it didn't mention the control panel shutting off, or maybe I just skipped over that part? :)
The basement is finally finished, just got done painting and putting the floor down last week.

I had the stove running last night for about an 1-1/2 hour. But the air blowing out the front wasnt very hot. Not as hot as i would have expected it to be. How long should it take for it to heat up a 17X22 room from a cold start?

It depends on your stoves heat setting, the pellets you are burning, the starting temperature of the room, your target temperature, the volume of air in the room and if you have the room closed off, the insulation factors in your walls, the area of your walls, the type and insulation factors of any windows and their areas, air infiltration rate of the room, and the temperature differences between the room and outside the room.

In short we haven't a clue since you provided exactly zero information to base a guess on.

Status
Not open for further replies.