Fireplace Grate..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Howdy folks, didn't know where to post this so thought I'd ask here. I'm lookin fer a grate for the GF's fireplace. I measure out and ideal size would be 12" at rear and 18" front. I've been googling around and while I've found some that are narrower at the rear, the base is not narrower rearward. So I was askin' if someone could direct me to a decent grate maker............
thanks

Are there doors on the fireplace? Even tho (unless you have Pyroceram in the doors) you should burn with the doors open, the front of the grate should be at LEAST six inches from the front of the opening & the grate should be against the back of the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.