Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldeNativeGuy

OldeNativeGuy
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 12, 2006
    Hi people.

I am a territory manager for an outdoor kitchen manufacturer. Primarily I deal with various home builders and we handle all of their outdoor kitchen projects on new home builds. Recently my company has made the decision to move into indoor fireplaces within the same market. I know nothing about indoor fireplace...direct vent, b-vent, vent free....my head hurts! Not to mention building codes. Can anyone suggest an information source on indoor fireplaces? A "fireplace 101" if you will. Thanks in advance.

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Hearth Handbook for building Officials

Hearth Education foundation
    1601 N. Kent St
    Arlington VA 22209
    703 524-8030

info@heartheducation.org

3. Shane

Shane
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2005
    Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    hearth.com?

5. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Also, your region is important. There tends to be differences in terms of what is commonly used - Souhern Ca., for instance is often gas logs in wood fireplaces or B-Vent, which up here in cold country, Direct Vent/

You can find a lot of info here in the Q and A section and some intro in the articles area:
    http://www.hearth.com/what/specific.html

6. david Lee

david Lee
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Old Native Guy, Your best direction would be to post where you are located (city and State). Someone can then direct you to a local wholesale distributor who can discuss your local market situation, product trends,and provide training. Most wholesale distributors will sell you product at low qty's or even one at a time to get you started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.