1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fireplace Hysteria

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by OldeNativeGuy, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldeNativeGuy

OldeNativeGuy New Member

Hi people.

I am a territory manager for an outdoor kitchen manufacturer. Primarily I deal with various home builders and we handle all of their outdoor kitchen projects on new home builds. Recently my company has made the decision to move into indoor fireplaces within the same market. I know nothing about indoor fireplace...direct vent, b-vent, vent free....my head hurts! Not to mention building codes. Can anyone suggest an information source on indoor fireplaces? A "fireplace 101" if you will. Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Hearth Handbook for building Officials

Hearth Education foundation
    1601 N. Kent St
    Arlington VA 22209
    703 524-8030

info@heartheducation.org
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    NFI certification courses.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    hearth.com?
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Also, your region is important. There tends to be differences in terms of what is commonly used - Souhern Ca., for instance is often gas logs in wood fireplaces or B-Vent, which up here in cold country, Direct Vent/

You can find a lot of info here in the Q and A section and some intro in the articles area:
    http://www.hearth.com/what/specific.html
  6. david Lee

david Lee New Member

Old Native Guy, Your best direction would be to post where you are located (city and State). Someone can then direct you to a local wholesale distributor who can discuss your local market situation, product trends,and provide training. Most wholesale distributors will sell you product at low qty's or even one at a time to get you started.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.