Fireplace Insert Size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warm_glow

Oct 11, 2014
Massachusetts
Newbie here and not sure I've done this correctly but here it is.
I've been on this site many times within the last few months as I am ready to pull the trigger on what is a fairly substantial purchase for our family. I have researched and considered many brands and styles of wood inserts and have my heart set on the Jotul 550. Note my decision is based on reputation, size, output as well as esthetics. I want the flush face and the huge viewing area. My issue is all information indicates minimum height at opening is 23.75 my opening is exactly that. My dealer says he's concerned it will not fit and recommends going down to the 450 but unfortunately I don't like that one. What can I do? If the minimum is where I'm at why is there an issue? Is the stove exactly the same size? Is there no allowance at all? Should have mentioned the current fireplace is stone perhaps that it is causing concern. Thanks for any and all advice/suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
Follow your dealer's recommendation. You might also want to consider a Hampton hi300 for that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.