fireplace matches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
looking for recommendations for fireplace matches to start super cedars. normally i use a long neck lighter, but i want my now 3 year old daughter to use the matches (with supervision, of course) and have read that a lot of matches break too easily now.

When I was much older than 3, probably 10, I used matches to light some stuff on fire in the house. Luckily wasn't too bad. A couch pillow that was partially burnt is still used by my dad when he's under a car doing work. Personally I won't be teaching my children about matches and stuff for a while. All matches and torches are competely inaccessible. They don't get to touch my indoor or outdoor propane torches. When I have the smoker going outside, my 3 year old son will stick a stick in the air vent for hours, blowing out the flame on the end and relighting it. So he does get some exposure there and with the wood stove. My girls have no interest in fire. I don't use matches, only torches :) I guess that's how you know who is an Eagle Scout.

My grandmother used to have these really long matches she used to light the old open flame natural gas heaters she had in her 19th century farm house. I remember them being very sturdy and burned a long time. Search on amazon for extra long matches.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Search for fireplace matches at amazon