Fireplace radiator has anyone tried it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks280

Oct 28, 2006
Pardon the noob question but I have tried searching this forum , and have not had satisfactory results. It was probably my inexperience that led to these results. Has anyone had any experience with the fireplace radiator? I really want a wood stove insert for our fireplace, but that is not in our budget right now.
Thanx,
Tom

I don't remember anyone reporting on them, but I did have experience with older models that had much less heat exchange area than that unit. Based on that, they should heat really well - especially if combined with glass doors. However, they should not be considered efficient in the same manner as a stove or insert. In other words, it would not pay you to buy wood at expensive prices to replace your current fuel use.

But if being warm in the room or rooms close to the fireplace - with an occasional evening and weekend fire is your thing, than this type of product might be the ticket. Another option is the Wilkening Ultragrate, which is sort of a radiator/glass door combination. Not really cheap, but it does not need chimney relining so that saves a great deal. Look it up in the products section of this site.

I do not expect this thing to perform as well as a wood stove insert. I would like to offset the skyrocketing cost of natural gas. I have a 2100 sf home and want to keep my winter bills in check.
Thanx,
Tom

I was hoping since it was advertised on this site that there was someone with some expierence with this unit. I guess I will be the beta tester. I will keep you posted. I spoke with the fellow from Go Sales He seems to be a nice enough fellow, and is only 50 mi from here.
Thanx,
Tom

tomd said:
I was hoping since it was advertised on this site that there was someone with some expierence with this unit. I guess I will be the beta tester. I will keep you posted. I spoke with the fellow from Go Sales He seems to be a nice enough fellow, and is only 50 mi from here.
Thanx,
Tom

Tom

Did you ever get the Radiator????

Status
Not open for further replies.