Fireside Ultras

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdege

Nov 15, 2011
Dover, NH
Just finishing my 4 bag test run of Fireside Ultras, found them to have good head, they have sawdust on the level of the Green Supremes I burned easier this year. Now I am going to burn 4 bags of Natures Heat, which are made by the same company as Fireside Ultras, however they are darker with a different smell.

This weekend the temps are suppose to drop so full cleaning Sat and burn the Vermonts and maybe Curans.

Did you mean Natures Own?

Natures Heat is made by Pennington and not the same as FU's.

I burned 2 bags of the FU's and they did pretty well. GT's had a tick more ash, But were slightly hotter. But Lowes wants $5.97 a bag for them. They are pretty close to the Stove Chow I have had good luck with. I might refill my stash with them "if" HD still has them and how much they are asking for them. Sure hope they are still $197/ton.

j-takeman said:

I burned 2 bags of the FU's and they did pretty well. GT's had a tick more ash, But were slightly hotter. But Lowes wants $5.97 a bag for them. They are pretty close to the Stove Chow I have had good luck with. I might refill my stash with them "if" HD still has them and how much they are asking for them. Sure hope they are still $197/ton.

i think i saw a price of 219.00 a ton at the HD near me

CTguy9230 said:
j-takeman said:

i think i saw a price of 219.00 a ton at the HD near me

Same in southern Maine yesterday. I think I may try picking up a few bags to try out.
It's either:
FU @ $219 picked up
Maine's choice @ $235 picked up
MWP @ $219 delivered

If I go with MWP I might get 2 or 3 tons to get a jump on next years stash

j-takeman said:

I did mean Natures Own

I had exactly the same results as j-takeman comparing the FUs to the GTs. HD around here has FUs for $215 right now. NTB(not too bad -- I needed one more acronym so I made one up).

aaahhh finally...a pellet that has good head. lol

3650 said:
aaahhh finally...a pellet that has good head. lol

quote of the week award goes to you my friend, that right is funny don't care who ya are....NICE dyin here lmfao,,,, but warm go cubex!

Status
Not open for further replies.