Fireview Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco

Hearth Supporter
Oct 13, 2010
Colorado
I've been lurking daily while I wait for my Fireview to be delivered. It just got here and the instructions say to keep it in the crate while I set it on the hearth.

Only problem is I don't see how to distinguish the front from the back while it's still in the crate.

I've got friends coming over this evening (they don't know it yet) to help move it, and I'd like to move it just the once if possible.

Some distinguishing features of the crate-
-One face has all of the cross boards together at the bottom, the other has them more spread out.
-on one side there are a couple of metal nubs sticking throught the cardboard- maybe the door handle?

Anyone know?
It's after hours in N.H. so I can't call Woodstock.

Thanks

Yeah that's the door handle so that is the right side. Just to make sure cut a peek hole in the cardboard. Have fun with the install, don't forget pictures.

Don't feel bad, my wife enlightened me about the peek hole. :red:

Paco said:
You mean I can just cut the cardboard?!?

Riiiiiight.....

Thanks for helping a dumbass out.

Thanks for making me spit ice tea all over my monitor :lol:

Mine had the door handle sticking out.

We left ours in the carport for several months before installing. We finally got to look at the stove just before lifting it onto the hearth (16" up). It was more beautiful than we imagined! To move it, I had put it onto a furniture dolly and then for putting on hearth I conned a couple neighbors to help. It was quick and not bad at all. We put some 4 x 4's under it to lift. We also removed the top lid (that is a lot of weight), the firebrick and the firebox door before lifting. It helps a lot.

Good luck. You'll love that stove!

Paco, you may as well know you will be asked by more than one for pictures! Brace thyself.

Glad you got it on the hearth and it won't be long until you fire it up and then you will really feel the reward. Ours is going lightly right now and feels great!

Status
Not open for further replies.