Fireview Question: How much space does it take up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainemac

Mar 10, 2008
Maine
Helping a friend with a decision for buying a stovevs insert
His wife is interested in an insert as they have smallish LR he does not much care.
I heard good things about the Fireview here both in performance and sale price.

My insert pops out 12 Inches from the fireplace,
Fireview dimensions say it is 20" deep, wondering what my friend would
find once it is hooked up, that is how much extra space does one need to
connect all the pipes into the flu.

6" 12" 18" extra?

Thanks

Tom

If your looking to install a fireview in a fireplace, it better be a big one or have an extra large hearth. On a smaller fireplace you pretty much have to leave the whole stove outside the opening since the air and damper control are on the backside of the stove, and would be a pain to operate if it was inside some.

So, to continue with Todd's post, you need the 20" plus a couple. The stove is 20" but the flue collar sticks out about 2." I'd still want maybe 2 more inches, so 24" should be about right....I think.

Thanks for the input: 2 feet should do it then.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.