Firewood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiner

Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2008
Maryland
Just got approval to cut logs right near my office for firewood. I got my first load today after work. There is probably 200 logs stacked right next to a side road ready to be bucked. The logs are black locust, poplar, pine and another that I cant ID. Its very heavy, close rings, 3/4 of the center is dark brown and the bark is greenish and fairly smooth. Feels like I'm sawing through rock. I will get some pics for proof soon!

How about some pictures. It surely sounds like a good deal.

Just take the locust.

That is just awesome! Free wood is the best. I have had my hands full with only about 1/8 of what you have there. Nice score

Sweet score. Worthy of hiring a guy with a processor to come in.

WOW
I mean WOW
Some lottery winnings aren't that good.
We need pictures as the stack shrinks on this one.
Mother load is an under statement.
Spoiled applies though, Looks like some rounds will just fall into the truck or trailer

Have fun, GREAAAAT score

ApproximateLEE said:
Eye'd B callin' a log truck pronto and gettin' that heap home before sum stiky fingured bastage helped himself.

+1 wow that would keep you going for a long time.

I don't see a picture. PM sent.

Backwoods Savage said:

Same here . . . I don't see anything.

Backwoods Savage said:

Sorry....here you go.

IMG_2918-1.jpg

Now that looks nice!

sweet jesus nice score.

Geez Lueeeez!!!!!! That ought to hold ya till next spring...!!!! Congrats on that score!

You've hit the motherload!

Status
Not open for further replies.