1. pilot-werx

pilot-werx
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2008
    Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Hi Guys,

With all the games going on in the fire wood market in southern maine, can anyone recommend an honest person to deal with? I am looking to purchase 5 cords of wood to burn this winter.

Thanks!

2. FrankMA

FrankMA
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2008
    Loc:
    Merrimack Valley - Northeastern MA
    I'd recommend my guy but you're a bit too far for him - he's based in North Reading, MA. Try Craig's List and see what comes up. There's always a bunch of yokels selling wood at various prices, all of which is "good, seasoned hardwood" of course!

3. flyingcow

flyingcow
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 4, 2008
    Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    Too far away to help, but use a moisture meter if buying "seasoned". Don't buy green and have to pay seasoned price. When they pull in with the truck, pull a couple of pieces off and crack them open(before they unload). Check moisture, if not acceptable, ask them to leave. You may find good guys to deal with, but........? you never know.

4. branchburner

branchburner
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 27, 2008
    Loc:
    southern NH
    Too late this year, but you almost have to buy ahead a year and stack/season it (off the ground) yourself. Too many guys are selling year-old stuff that's been on the bottom of a huge pile or unsplit, so it's "seasoned" with quotes. Shop around. If you find a guy who's good, keep him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.