Firewood video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT

I decided to make a video describing my firewood stacks. I know no one here is interested in that stuff, lol.
I know my video is not that “good” but that’s ok. Not sure how to upload longer videos so sorry for the choppy nature of it. There is 8 parts altogether.Enjoy!

Bragging is OK, especially after all the calories you burned.
I use old tin on my stacks. I found as the chunks of wood dried the tin was blown off in thunderstorms. So I bought some 4 inch concrete blocks which do a lot better in high winds. And they last a lifetime.

Reactions: Ctwoodtick
Are you heating a house that is in excess of 11,000 square feet?

Because that wood pile is enormous.

Because that wood pile is enormous.
Oh ok got it. I thought that was probably what you meant.
It may be deceiving. I figure I have about 6 or so cords.
I am proud of it though. All scrounged. I would like to have even more on hand though. Been struggled with lower back problems for last several years and I haven’t done as much wood as I would like. I’m fine for this winter but next may be dicey. Will see an orthopedic person next month and Im basically going be like “what do we need to do to get me back to my wood pile”?

Last edited: