Firewood Wagon-Cart Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Aug 17, 2020
Western MA
Moving my wood from delivery area to stacking area and from stacking area to outside my house door with a wheelbarrow has gotten old. I end up moving 6 cords a year, 3 green to stack and 3 dried to the house. In looking for a better way, I hit upon the idea of a heavy-duty cart with four wheels and a handle to pull it. Like the wagons with removable sides we had when we were kids, except made of steel mesh and able to move 600 lbs at a time. 6 cu ft capacity ought to do it.

I started looking around and there are so many options it makes my head spin, so I'm wondering if anyone here moves their wood that way and has a recommendation of a model they're happy with. Not to be too picky, but no-flat tires and a price under $150 would be ideal.

Thanks to all...

Do you have a riding lawnmower? I have used a lawnmower trailer pulled behind an old Murray mower with the deck removed. I'm not on flat ground and pushing a wheelbarrow or Gardenway cart got old after years of it.

I've been using a GorillaCart for years for general gardening work. Had one problem with it (a broken weld in the frame - probably my fault). Getting and installing a replacement part was easy,

The 4 cu ft version (GCG-4) has a 600 lb capacity and seems to cost around $130 with pneumatic tires. I used those for years, but eventually replaced them with the no-flat sort for around $25/tire. Some GorillaCarts come with no-flat tires.

Reactions: TheBikePedaler
I have one of these with wider tires on it. Found it on marketplace for 150 and ended up getting it for 100 because I helped the guy install a snowmobile rack on his pickup. I like them alot.

Wagon.jpeg