First burn, blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithian

Sep 24, 2008
NE PA
So after lots of fighting with a existing flue, and liners, and crappy walls we finally finished the install of our new 55-SHP10L today. We ran it on high for awhile as people suggested to get rid of the smell, and have since turned it down. It is still putting out plenty of heat, but when facing the stove, the vent on the top left blows hot and strong, while the right top vent blows very weakly and a bit cooler. Is this normal? Could I have something blocking the vent somehow? Thanks.

My stove does this as well. I made a thread on it about a week or so ago, and other people seemed to be having the same thing going on. I think it's safe to say that it's not just your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.