First Burn in New Endeavor!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixman

Feeling the Heat
Apr 12, 2010
Central Texas
Well I got the chimney installed this morning and a test fire going. Man I hate messing around in the attic, it's hot up there and doesn't take long to break a sweat. The hole we cut in the roof came out just right and the dealer made sure that I had just what I needed. I still have alot of work to do on the inside, painting the ceiling and trimming out where the old gas furnace went through, Adding more tile to the hearth to meet code (18 inches in front and 8 inches to the side) it will end up more like 22 inches in the front and 11 inches to the right of the stove on the hallway side. As you can see the stove pipe is not exactly straight but the stove is on the edge of the tile and I can't scoot it over till I finish the rest of the hearth and then it will be straight. A couple more days work and it should be ready for work this fall. It is getting pretty hot in the house right now and the A/C is working it's butt off. The stove top temp is 400 degrees but I can still hold my hand on the rear and the sides for a few seconds. I see why they want 13 inches on the sides now for sure. Other than the things that I mentioned and getting the 110v outlet finished, how does it look for a low budget project? Sorry propane man but I will be seeing less of you next winter!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 462
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 449
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 415
Welcome to the Travis/Lopi family! You're going to love that stove this winter.

I think one's perception of burn time is directly related to the outside temperature!!!! 85 degrees outside and stove is cooking!

Congrats, the Endeavor is a great stove. Are you going to turn the stove so it's a corner install?

No it will stay the way it is but scooted over to the right an inch or two after I lay some more tile. It sticks too far out into the hallway when turned to be a corner install. That was the plan from the beginning but when I laid out the template and got my 6.5 inches of clearance from each corner to the wall it would not fit. I wish the closet that the old central heat unit had been in was about 10 inches bigger both ways, then I could have done a corner install with maybe some brick or rock on the walls. Later I may build a raised hearth just for kicks.

You know.... if you replaced those wooden 2x4s with steel studs, and used durock (not nextgen,)I think you already did, your available clearance to combustibles would go up by 3 1/2 inches... and you can use elbows to move the pipe as needed...

That's going to be really nice. It already looks good. I really like the look of the black trim. Mine came with gold trim and an etched window, not really my style. I might have to look into a trim kit...
That will be an easy clean out when sweeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.