First burn of 2017

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Petstang

Nov 11, 2016
Glastonbury CT
IMG_0925.JPG
CDCCC4B1-6E29-421E-AB76-999D51115112-288-0000000FADA27DBF.jpeg
IMG_0926.JPG
It's been pretty warm in CT so far. I only burn on the weekends if I'm home to enjoy it. Today it's supposed to snow 3-6 inches, so it's a good day to start the firewood season.

I was planning on burning some maple limbs that were cut in spring 2015 but never split. I split a couple and found the moisture content was 11-15%. Good to go!

I don't have a stove, but I have a cozy hearth grate heater (as shown) that's in the fireplace. It works very well in getting heat from the fireplace out into the room. I can get my living, dining, kitchen up to 80, and the bed room area up to 70. With the fireplace bricks absorbing the heat and radiating it back, the living, kitchen, dining rooms will be warm all day tomorrow too with no fire.

Nothing like fire with snow falling!

Reactions: D8Chumley
Been snowing here since earlier this morning. Stove burnin’ on low, 82 degrees watching Army/Navy game. Life is good!

Well it's about time! lol enjoy