First Burn This Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydronics

Feeling the Heat
Dec 3, 2008
Northern CT
Well, I fired up the EKO for the first time this season. I suppose most guys have been burning for a while now.

I just got done installing portage and main bl2840 and fired it up this afternoon. Had a fire going in our hearthstone heritage last night.

Been burning for heat a few weeks now. Last night had been our coldest. 21 degrees f

Welcome to club Hydronics! I have been burining for about 1 month now, just did my monthly clean out this AM, 1 down 7 to go:)

I just got done installing portage and main bl2840 and fired it up this afternoon. Had a fire going in our hearthstone heritage last night.

Later this winter do an update how you like the boiler. Curious how the P n M OWB performs

Reactions: duramaxman05
Later this winter do an update how you like the boiler. Curious how the P n M OWB performs
I will definatey be doing an update and giving any info I can. I am new to this so this a learning experience for me too.

First real burn last night and this morning...still not all out fires, just 1/4 capacity.
at least the dump zone and safety systems got a test run today during the morning burn, due to high winds' power outages.

We were enjoying the fireplace for a few days.. balm temps coming up again this week..so maybe more fireplace and brandy are in order;)

Scott

Last edited:
I started in October of 2012 and haven't stopped yet! haha.

One thing that is always interesting to me though is that I go from one fire every week to a fire every five days to 3 days etc. The last week or so, I've been having small fires (30-40 lbs) of wood every evening to keep storage nice and hot so there is no morning chill when I get up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.