First chimney sweep, opinions? (pic)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
I swept my liner for the first time since installing my stove.
We burned 6-7 cords last year and 2 so far this year. We are burning pine.
The pile was very fine and dry. No wet buildup. The chimney is about 18' tall if that matters.
I was thinking this was about normal for this much burning. Am i right?
Thanks for your replies.

Brad

Attachments

• DSCN3425.jpg
    DSCN3425.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 499
Color looks good. I do not think you have a problem but you definitely need a yearly clean out.

I planned on doing it this summer, but between camping, fishing and cutting wood, it got put off.
Today was the nicest day i could find, and the snow is on the way so i thought i better check it.
I agree with you about the yearly clean.
Thanks

Brad

Im just curious as im researching the princess stove and wondwring how long u let the season?

Yeah looks like a good, clean, normal burn. Sweep it again next year.

ecocavalier02 said:
Im just curious as im researching the princess stove and wondwring how long u let the season?

I cut standing dead in the spring and throughout the summer, split as soon as possible and let sit uncovered
until about october. Then stack it outside and cover 3 sides with a tarp. We have a dry, high altitude, and windy climate. Seems to be working.

Thanks for the replies!

Brad

Ok cool appreciate the response. Thats awesome nine cords and thatIs it. I really thi k this blazeking holds up to e erything everyone says. Very cool

ecocavalier02 said:
Ok cool appreciate the response. Thats awesome nine cords and thatIs it. I really thi k this blazeking holds up to e erything everyone says. Very cool

I have been really happy with this stove.
I would recommend the BK to anyone.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.