First heat fire but I'm not counting it.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimfromMA

Minister of Fire
Mar 6, 2014
Central MA
Had to run the stove for a few hours Sunday morning because one of my kids left a window opened all night so it was 50 in the house when I woke up. I would not have used the stove otherwise so I’m taking a mulligan.

Yeah, blame it on the kids ;lol

Reactions: TimfromMA
I turned the P61 on last night for what I thought was a few hours, wife said she turned it off but only kicked it down to stove temp Low. Needless to say the living room and kitchen was 79 when I woke up this morning!

No mulligan aloud On is On heat is heat you enjoyed it
didn't you .
Only expectable excuse is on to test after repair or cleaning ==c

I didn't even open a bag. These were pellets left over from last year so I still say a mulligan is allowed.

Just did a quick cleaning last night and was thinking about it but it's in the 70's today and tomorrow so no reason to turn on for a while longer. Still need to deep-clean it anyway.

Walked by mine last night on the way to "Big Brown", early 90's Newmac wood furnace. Some glad when all my venting stuff shows up and I can install...

We fired the wood beast up for one load a few weeks ago to make sure everything checked out. I chose a poor day though. It was 72 out and 82 in the house with all the windows open haha. But dafted good, blower worked, new tstat turned on and off good, so it was worth the heat.

Frost advisory for coming week. Was hoping main heating season not till later in October. Oh well, the new coffee maker comes tomorrow.

Hey Einstein, you'll find pellets burn better....lol

Reactions: BrotherBart
We fired the wood beast up for one load a few weeks ago to make sure everything checked out. I chose a poor day though. It was 72 out and 82 in the house with all the windows open haha. But dafted good, blower worked, new tstat turned on and off good, so it was worth the heat.

Anytime I do stove mods or chimney work in the summer it just has to be fired up to smoke check my work. Wife always just says "It is about to get real hot in this joint.".

Once shame is posted it happened.
Converse rule conveniently mandated for pics for proof.

Reactions: bogieb
Sorry, if it got hot, IT COUNTS!

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.