First Load this winter....bigger deal than you think.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
OK, my first load of wood this winter......mixed red and white oak, cherry, hickory. Not that big of a deal, right?.......well, any other year it wouldn't be, but.....most of you know what happened to me this summer. I have healed well, but I still couldn't possibly cut and load any fire wood yet. So, how did this get in my back yard? My Son!!!!! He insisted the first load this winter come to my house. I went with him, but was not much more than company. I guess that is why he is my best friend. :)

Attachments

• 1st load 11-12.jpg
    1st load 11-12.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 838
Sounds like you brought him up the correct way, looks like a nice first load of btu's.

zap

Awesome! Glad to see you're still getting after it, even if it's with the help of your best bud! :)

I've been resisting the temptation to pick up the saw lately, I don't think I'll be able to wait much longer.

He didn't split and stack it for you too? :eek:
Kids these days... so lazy... :]

Very nice
I see from the pictures you are not in "panic mode". You've kept ahead of the game.
This years wood looks good to go. Maybe even some next years wood stacked up too. :)
Good son, good post, good picture.

Zap, I would like to take credit for who he is but I think he did a lot of it all by himself!

rdust, Oooooohhhhhh how I know how you feel. We will be back at it some day.......and it will be a good day.

Hass, Oh, he will, but we just barely got it unloaded before the rain.

bogydave said:
Very nice
I see from the pictures you are not in "panic mode". You've kept ahead of the game.
This years wood looks good to go. Maybe even some next years wood stacked up too. :)
Good son, good post, good picture.
Bogydave, You are right 7 times by my count! Thanks! Steve

7 years worth of wood? Sweet!

No, sorry, I misled you. I wish I was 7 years ahead, but I am about 3 which makes an injury and maybe no wood one season not so bad......enter a great son and I don't think I am going to miss anything!
bogydave said:
Very nice
I see from the pictures you are not in "panic mode". #1 You've kept ahead of the game. #2
This years wood looks good to go. #3Maybe even some next years wood stacked up too. :) #4
Good son #5, good post,#6 good picture.#7
Oh, by the way, I love the pics of your country.....absolutely beautiful.....just be careful on that 4 wheeler.... mine damn near killed me!

tfdchief said:
No, sorry, I misled you. I wish I was 7 years ahead, but I am about 3 which makes an injury and maybe no wood one season not so bad......enter a great son and I don't think I am going to miss anything!
bogydave said:
Very nice
I see from the pictures you are not in "panic mode". #1 You've kept ahead of the game. #2
This years wood looks good to go. #3Maybe even some next years wood stacked up too. :) #4
Good son #5, good post,#6 good picture.#7
Oh, by the way, I love the pics of your country.....absolutely beautiful.....just be careful on that 4 wheeler.... mine damn near killed me!

Got ya!
I rolled it once backing up in brush , side hill & hit a log with the uphill rear tire.. Bailed off. No Damage done, but I get your point. "Ain't young & indestructible any more" :)
Is that what happened, 4 wheeler injury shut you down ?

I think your run of being down on your luck is over, from here it sounds / appears like you are one lucky man.

pen

Sounds like a case of good things happen to good people. Can be proud of the family you raised.

pen said:
I think your run of being down on your luck is over, from here it sounds / appears like you are one lucky man.

pen
Pen, I hope, I think, maybe you are right. As I sit here, in a little pain, but a hell of a lot better than I was 5 months ago!!!, I look forward to the future, glad to be alive and walking around........and very grateful to all the help that this place has given me. I am not sure that, mentally, I would have made it without all of you. And, I am glad I didn't have to ask any of you to come help me with wood for this winter, and there were a lot of offers! Some days I still struggle because I still can't do the physical things I am used to.......but I am going to! I have avoided one last post on the original post..... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/76536/ because I want it to be......I"M BACK!!!!!! Thanks hearth.com! and thanks Pen, Steve

tfdchief said:
pen said:

pen
Pen, I hope, I think, maybe you are right. As I sit here, in a little pain, but a hell of a lot better than I was 5 months ago!!!, I look forward to the future, glad to be alive and walking around........and very grateful to all the help that this place has given me. I am not sure that, mentally, I would have made it without all of you. And, I am glad I didn't have to ask any of you to come help me with wood for this winter, and there were a lot of offers! Some days I still struggle because I still can't do the physical things I am used to.......but I am going to! I have avoided one last post on the original post..... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/76536/ because I want it to be......I"M BACK!!!!!! Thanks hearth.com! and thanks Pen, Steve

;)

tfdchief said:
I guess that is why he is my best friend. :)
My friends never bring me White Oak and Hickory...the slackers. :lol:

Nice lookin' heap o' BTU right there, Chief! :coolsmile:

Good news Steve. Great to have a good son and also great to have him close by. Time will heal all wounds and next year you'll be cutting again. Either that or we're going to have a party with a bunch of hearth.com guys coming over to cut, split and stack wood.

Thumbs up

Glad to hear it Steve! Good to know that the wood will be out there drying while you continue to heal-up. Sounds like you raised a good man.

jatoxico, Sounds like a case of good things happen to good people. Can be proud of the family you raised.
Thanks jatoxico.

Woody Stover, Nice lookin’ heap o’ BTU right there, Chief!
Thanks WS
Backwoods Savage, Good news Steve. Great to have a good son and also great to have him close by. Time will heal all wounds and next year you’ll be cutting again. Either that or we’re going to have a party with a bunch of hearth.com guys coming over to cut, split and stack wood.
Thanks Dennis, you're the best!
schlot, Thumbs up
Thanks schlot

midwestcoast, Glad to hear it Steve! Good to know that the wood will be out there drying while you continue to heal-up. Sounds like you raised a good man.
Thanks midwestcoast, I agree!

Very nice . . .

Always a bit envious of folks that have such a close relationship to their parents and family . . .

Nice to see you with a pile of wood after what you have been through this year!

Take care, and don't rush to get it split (I can hardly believe I'm saying that)..... ;-)

Good news. Let him split it for you too! You can split next year when you are healed up. He probably owes you anyway. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.