First pellet stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvillanz

Nov 21, 2013
irvine pa
Hi everyone my name is john jones from Youngsville pa . I just purchased a Enviro mini from a "out of business pellet stove dealer" that had one sitting in there basement .The stove is brand new but they took the igniter out when they were in business. Anyways I paid $ 700 for the stove. I feel like I got a great deal? let me know what you think?

I am also wondering how I should vent this thing, about any configuration of venting will work on the wall I have planned for this stove but can anyone recommend the best way to vent. I was thinking about straight through but I was told its not the safest way to vent.

also I notices that the vacuum switch was missing a hose the other hose is there leading to the exhaust vent

I plan on using Country boy white lightning all oak pellets

Welcome. Have you gotten a manual for the stove or attempted a download of one? Pretty common for only one hose for the vacuum. Usually a section of vertical is recommended to aid venting in case of power failure to aid natural evacuation of smoke from the stove. Stove manual should give insight as to recommended venting install.

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
The manual show it can be installed any way you want it doesn't give you a recommended way, and as far as the vacuum switch it has two hose barbs coming from it so i would assume it need to be connected

No on the vacuum switch.

Page 13 of technical manual for your stove under NOTE:, first paragraph, talks about the vertical venting to aid in the ventilation of your stove. Just trying to get you setup right the first time. Yes on the hose barb connection.

My happiest stoves have some vertical. Easier lighting etc.

thanks for your help bio, one more thing , A OAK will it be worthless to my stove because the fresh is vented to the back of the stove not the burn pot ?

You would be localizing where the cold air comes in. I don't like open loop systems but that's what it is.

I wonder if I could connect the fresh air hose to the air intake hole with some silicone heater hose

Status
Not open for further replies.