First Real Scrounge Success: Man am I tired

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

I had taken today off and had planned on watching Godzilla movies. Well, on an errand (actually, to pick up beer), I ran into a convoy of tree company trucks that were cleaning up storm damage. First score was a load of sugar maple, then a load of cherry, after which the call of beer was too strong and I called it a day. I flipped the guys a few bucks and they agreed to cut the storm-damaged trees into 8-foot sections and call me with the location. That way, local scroungers have to get out a saw if they want them, which I am more than happy to do. Having just gotten over bronchitits, man, I'm beat, but there are few things that beat free wood aside from free pizza and beer.

So, did they dump all that wood at your place? What did you do with it once you got it? What did you do to work up that beer lust? How big were these loads?

Details, Man! We want details!

Man, I admire your candor. Taking the day off, going for a beer run (technically, going for beer DOES qualify as an errand - don't be mislead by the naysayers) :)

Nice score, will we see pics?

hmm, musta been some nice looking wood to pull you away from beers on the couch.

I guess beer runs are not all that bad!

So a day with a few beers watching movies ends up as a frantic dash for free wood (I can fully understand the sudden urgency to work so hard)...........

I reckon you really will have earned a day in front of the TV with a few beers once that lot is all split and stacked!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.