1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

First real Test For My New Blaze King

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Todd, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    The cat is right in the center, top of the stove. Never had it stall, and when it finally does get 'inactive' on the probe, there isn't anything left in the stove to make smoke. As long as there is enough smoke to keep the cat hot enough, it keeps on going. Like has been said, decent draft and really dry fuel are extra important on the slow burns.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I was kind a stumped when I was looking at the air wash plate. I was thinking it would have some holes on the back side like the Woodstocks to give that cat some air but it doesn't. Maybe the stove is throttled down enough that the cat feeds directly off the air going down to the glass? Probably why the glass gets so dirty during low burns, the cat is hogging all the air to keep going.

Looks like I'll be firing up either tonight or tomorrow. Highs in the 50's and a low of 28 Sunday morning. Time for another long burn so I don't have to mess around and spend more time at the local Oktoberfest!