First Score of the Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
My wife's aunt's sisters are major yard putterers and when they found out we burn wood they started saving all their stuff about 2" and bigger in diameter and we wind up picking up about a truckload a year from them. They had a tree tip over in their driveway this year, so we wound up with an extra large load this year. I figure this is a solid half cord in there. Its all stacked very tightly and the center is right up to the rooftop.

New job is going to be putting up a new building on the lot, I asked if I could get some of whatever they wind up clearing, was told by the owner I could have all of it if I wanted. Not sure how much will be cleared, but I'd be surprised if it was less than a half acre to an acre. Might be a good major score for me, could finally get a season ahead.

Attachments

• load.jpg
    load.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 284
Nice score! Either that wood is light or you have some strong leaf springs as your truck is hardly squatting with a full load..

Ray

Truck almost looks to good to haul firewood! Nice load.

Its a 10 year old 3/4 ton truck. Doesn't look it, but its squatting about 5" or so. Rides like a Cadillac when its loaded up...or a Buick anyway.

smokinjay said:
Truck almost looks to good to haul firewood! Nice load.

Sits like it's a 3/4 ton , won't take too long and it will have a few marks from hauling wood.

Oh its plenty marked up already. Its my daily driver, plow truck, wheelbarrow, wood hauler...you name it. Got a couple dents that some unknown people were nice enough to do so I could help more easily tell my truck from others like it in a parking lot, tore the trailer wiring harness off on a snowbank my first season plowing and I have some significant rocker panel rust that I really need to fix up. But all in all, she's been an excellent truck. 130,000 by the end of this week and no signs of wearing out.

Love my truck. Best vehicle I've owned...right up there with the most reliable overall too...only car we've had that was more reliable was my wife's 2000 Celica and my 94 Taurus SHO.

Now I just need to do another 14 or so more loads like this one and I'll be ready for the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.