First split of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
Looks like NE will be soaked for a few days, try to get a head start to try out my estwing sure-split wedge on these bad boys and try to vent a little.

The wedge works well, it has a square flat surface for striking. Learned something today, if I strike it at the corner of the square with my body directly behind the other corner, the projectile for airborne wedge seems to go sideway.

On another note, I probably need to grab a shorty sledge just to secure the wedge in place before I unload my rage and aggression on the rounds.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am thinking this weekend will be a good weekend to get some wood split. Managed to get two of these done back in may so that helps.
IMG_0954.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.