First time ive even noticed this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boosted3g

Feeling the Heat
Aug 3, 2012
Central PA
So the temps dipped to 9 degrees last night here in PA. I awoke to a nice 74 degree bedroom and did the usual routine. Toasted a bagel and hit up the Keurig and proceeded to head outside for a marlboro. I get outside and it occurs to me just how loud 100 heat pumps hammering away can be. I forgot since i havent heard mine kick on since late october and this was the first bitter cold night. I look over and see my neightbor with a nice harman coal burner and at the same time we both say "damn those things are noisy". It was funny since we both walked outside in shorts and a flannel shirt like we never knew it was cold out. Got to give credit to the harman. It handled the single digits like a champ and its rare we get temps this low.

My daughter is buying a condo here in Mass. and all the units have heat pumps, I've never seen them here before. Luckily she has a wood stove in the unit that will be replaced with a pellet stove I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.