1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

First year heating whole house with wood

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by madtrapper, Nov 27, 2012.

1. madtrapper

madtrapper Member

Loc:
    Mt. Pleasant Mi
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354035704.819570.jpg
    Had a kozy-heat Z42 with blower installed this past summer. Heating1700 sq ft ranch with open floor plan. Using ash that was CSS in may of 2011. Absolutely love the heat it puts out. Just wanted to share and say thanks for the info I have learned on this forum.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. remkel

remkel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southwest NH
    Welcome to the forums!

Enjoy the heat, and watch for the wood burners 12 step program schedule for your area. Once you get a taste, the addiction is soon to follow.
  3. mfglickman

mfglickman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW CT
    Welcome! :)
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Welcome to the forum madtrapper.

Good for you for getting the wood ahead of time. This can make the difference between a happy wood stove owner and a frustrated one. Get 3 years ahead on your wood and you'll never be sorry for it. It is better than money in the bank and pays great dividends.
  5. My Oslo heats my home

My Oslo heats my home Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    Yes, welcome to the woodburning world and the forums! I really like the look of the finished product, hearth and mantel look great