Fisher baby bear questions.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A little more detail

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180103-172909.jpg
    Screenshot_20180103-172909.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 278
Yep, that's about what you want. Make a cardboard template first and set it in place so you can measure the square inches of space the smoke has to travel through on the way out. That is length X height of opening which should total 28 (square inches) with a 6 inch outlet and flue. The opening can't be smaller than the 6 inch outlet and flue. 28 is the square inch opening of a 6 inch round pipe. That is calculated by radius squared X pi. In 6 th grade terms, that is (radius) half the distance across (3") X 3 =9 X 3.14 (pi) = 28.26.

Got it....man I'm excited. I think I've about got this chimney deal figured out. I burned in the heater today outside and choked down to about 1/4 turn, it actually did really good for burn time on this little heater.

I'm going to lpad a couple of pictures of the writing on the bottom of this heater. I can' really make out what it says. Hopeully y'all can help me out. I think the bottom of the ash fender says " Bo 93 " but I'm not 100% about that either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-175204.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-175204.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Screenshot_20180104-175152.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-175152.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 219
Coaly i remember you giving me a hard time about the nasty weld around my door seal on the grandpa bear i had and asking me if it had an SB on the bottom of it. When I asked what that was about you said SB would be cam fan from this forum.... Is it me or does this baby bear look to have an SB on It? Is that cam fan from this site that built the heater? Wouldn't that be something.....

White at the hot spots won't hurt anything but the paint. As long as the side sheets didn't warp it's fine. Bowed or warped sides are only looks. When they are repeatedly over fired and white around the flue outlet pipe, they can get cracks in the back around outlet. That isn't difficult to repair, but needs a welder.
Chrome ball feet were standard on the early models. Most will have a set screw near the top to adjust up and down. They are floor levelers for uneven brick, or stone hearth.
You did good if that's the stove you need. The chrome ball feet can sell for more than that a set on eBay.

View attachment 219453 These went for $110 back in December 2012 !

Lol. I’d sell the ball feet 40.00 a set all day. Plus shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I’d sell the ball feet 40.00 a set all day. Plus shipping

I'll place the first order for a set.
I need a black Honey Bear blower and a set of cast iron door plates for HB if you still have them too.

Does this look familiar?

Screenshot_20180104-175152.jpg

I have it all. My ball feet / handles do not have the Allen head set screws. They have the threaded hole for one. I have black and brown honey bear blowers and probably 2 sets of honey bear cast inserts I may have more. What else?

I'll place the first order for a set.
I need a black Honey Bear blower and a set of cast iron door plates for HB if you still have them too.

Does this look familiar?

View attachment 219845

Yes. He contacted me. It probably was an early stove for me. I changed my signature and did that for several years with all the extra on it I must have made it for someone I knew.

I have it all. My ball feet / handles do not have the Allen head set screws. They have the threaded hole for one. I have black and brown honey bear blowers and probably 2 sets of honey bear cast inserts I may have more. What else?

Do you still have my email?

Also will a stainless steel plate work or does it need to be plate steel....I've got access to some stainless for free. Thanks guys.

Free is always better.

Camfan. It's a little more than an hour, but you can do it. My wife works where you live everyday so it can't be that bad lol. It would be neat to shake hands and see what you had to say about this heater. And thanks for the reply on the stainless coaly. That's what I'll do then.

Here are a couple more pictures. Zoomed in a little better. It looks to me like it may say freddell and then D Harris. I'm going to post a couple of pictures and then try and outline what I see. Maybe this will help. Click on the picture to enlarge it. I've got the heater leaned backward to take this picture so it's sitting on the flue. You'll have to look at it a little sideways to see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180107-093317.jpg
    Screenshot_20180107-093317.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_20180107-093307.jpg
    Screenshot_20180107-093307.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 205
Maybe it's like playing a record backwards?
If you build a fire in it the message will appear!

Reactions: CamFan
If they are new bricks inside expect them to be high in moisture content and it will take a while for the evaporation to remove it. The steam has a quenching effect and it won't feel like it's putting out much heat until they are completely dry. Same thing happens after sitting all summer absorbing moisture from the atmosphere. The first fire won't seem to put out much heat.

It is new brick. My wife is fired up about this thing. It was 42 degrees in the house this morning. I get cold to but she really hates it. We're pretty excited to say the least. I appreciate the help from y'all. And cam fan I can be here anytime you feel like stopping by. It would be neat to shake hands and see who else we both might know. Shoot me a message with an email or something if that's easier.