Fisher Baby Bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary863

Nov 7, 2014
Vermont
I have seen a baby bear on U-tube that had the stove pipe hole on the top of the stove. I need that stove but don't know what year that was made. Does anyone know what year that was? Help!!

The single door Bear Series (Baby in particular) was made from 1975 to 1988. The first stove was built with a side vent for placing on a hearth to prevent it from projecting too far into the room. They were available with side, rear and top vent. Most Baby Bears seem to be rear vented. This works well keeping the pipe low to fit under fireplace hearth opening. Top vent is good for corner or straight up installation for more pipe clearance to rear wall.
Post a link to video and I can probably tell you what model or year that one was made. The Bear Series details thread in the sticky section will give you an idea of changes and model numbers (Roman Numerals after model name) through the years. The year will change door style, handles, shields, legs...... Vent position could be customized on any model from the fabricator to suit installation requirements. At some fabricators, stove boxes were made in advance when possible and vented as needed when sold.

Baby 2 piece top WA 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.