Fisher Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lruss

Oct 16, 2015
Cleveland
I have no knowledge on this subject. However, my grandfather left me a Fisher Fireplace insert. I don't see a model number on it. It is roughly 34x18 inches in size. It is double cast iron door. How can I find an estimated value on this item? Can someone give me a rough estimate? Thank you for your time

What's the condition like? Any pictures?

Price depends on a lot of factors. Fisher did not use Model Numbers. (if you got the name used in title thread off the tag, that is the UL tag with entire model name)The base model had black painted doors, (the most common and least valuable) they were available with nickel plate (silver like chrome) or brass optional finish on doors. Later models were available with glass. They should draw a premium. Does it have a lever or chain to control damper? Faceplate or blower / blowers included? Depending on where you are has a lot to do with value. Many states no longer allow the use of a non EPA Certified stove. Are you in the US ?? Prices are also seasonal. Now being the highest - much lower over the summer. You could have a $100 common Insert where not allowed to be used to a $1000 collector piece.

If no tag, and you're not sure of model; Below is a drawing with measurements of the full size Insert. Dimensions should be exact. There were other inserts with names given such as Honey Bear, Model IV (glass), Cub Bear, and Polar Bear. The first and full size is called Fisher Fireplace Insert, no Bear name given. A few us can determine what you have with good pictures.

Copy of Insert drawing with baffle.jpg

Found your first post in the Classic Forum - Ohio
You are in a state that allows non EPA stoves, but must be UL Listed appliance, so if it has a UL tag, it can be used legally which should increase value.

Status
Not open for further replies.