FISHER GRANDPA - GLASS DOORS????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ruth T

Jan 23, 2013
Hello,
Do Glass Doors exist for this stove, and if they don't is there a fabricator in the Northeast who can make them?
Thanks,
Ruth T

Reactions: Gennabelle
The entire stove is designed differently with glass doors.

Grandpa solid door stoves are built for solid doors only. Only a screen is used to view fire. You can't put glass doors on any stove not designed with glass doors. The air inlet must be an air wash system with glass, so the incomng air keeps the glass clean. If you have solid doors, the air intakes are on the doors. Glass doors have no intakes on them.

There was a Grandpa III and Grandpa IV with glass doors. The main air intakes are on the sides, and air wash for the glass is below the doors.
Notice the older III model has flat top, smaller glass than the IV below.

GM III Ind. 2.jpg Model III

Grandma IV 1.jpg Model IV;

Grandma  IV 2.jpg Notice air intake draft caps on sides, slider levers for air wash in front.

The entire stove is designed differently with glass doors.

Grandpa solid door stoves are built for solid doors only. Only a screen is used to view fire. You can't put glass doors on any stove not designed with glass doors. The air inlet must be an air wash system with glass, so the incomng air keeps the glass clean. If you have solid doors, the air intakes are on the doors. Glass doors have no intakes on them.

There was a Grandpa III and Grandpa IV with glass doors. The main air intakes are on the sides, and air wash for the glass is below the doors.
Notice the older III model has flat top, smaller glass than the IV below.

View attachment 90929 Model III

View attachment 90930 Model IV;

View attachment 90931 Notice air intake draft caps on sides, slider levers for air wash in front.
Coaly,

I have be refinishing a few fisher stoves recently. I just picked up a glass door Grandpa that has cast inserts with the pine trees on it installed instead of the glass. I'm hoping to get started on it is a few weeks. Do you know where I might find the manual for it?

Notice that is the only one missing in the Fisher Manuals thread in the sticky section. I have not found one yet to scan and get online.