Fisher Mama bear wood stove draft control knobs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ML1911A1

Oct 10, 2017
Sonora, CA
Hello. I need some replacement air draft control knobs for a Fisher Mama bear wood stove.. Was wandering if anyone sells them on this site. Or if anyone knows what company makes replacements. Thank you.

Does anyone know what size the knobs are? It has OD measurements on the site. I saw that the website has 2 or 3 sizes of knobs, and I also only saw the 4 fin knobs. Do they also carry the 5 fin knob? Thanks in advance.

Size depends on the damper style.
You have to ask for 5 fin. They stock an assortment and cast them from aluminum, brass and bronze as needed.
The EZ Spin is Fisher's own design that this company made the caps for.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4037584.pdf

These are the early iron dampers that did not have the ring around the outside and measure 3 inches in diameter without the fins that stick out. Overall they are 3 1/2" with fins.
Early Draft Cap Iron.JPG

P1010033.JPG Here is the aluminum version with steel insert nut, the same size as early iron.

What I call the lightweight dampers measure 3 1/2. They are aluminum plated with brass. The fins are rounded. They would be the 8 on the right side of photo below.

Draft Caps 18.JPG

The dampers on the left are the heavy cast version that the fin edges are flat and measure 3 9/16 round. Occasionally one will measure 3 5/8. They were available cast with aluminum or solid brass. Aluminum were satin edge that can be duplicated with scotch bright or polished edge.