1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fisher Questions

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by gooney, Oct 1, 2013.

1. gooney

gooney New Member

Loc:
    Tuftonboro
    Hello.Finally got the supervent chimney install done.Not too bad but fooling around with stovepipe was more work than i thought it would be. OK I have a Fisher papa bear.It has a UL tag on the back of the rear heat shield but it has no baffle.I had read that the UL ones would have a baffle.What can you guys tell me about the stove?Also,If i make a baffle can I use stainless steel?Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah. Moving this to the land of the Fisher experts.
  4. gooney

gooney New Member

Loc:
    Tuftonboro
    Thanks man.I'll post to that forum next time.
  5. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Most of the UL listed Fireplace Series will have a smoke shelf baffle. No Bear Series (single door) were factory equipped.

I've only experimented with mild steel, but use whatever you have and let us know of warpage and thickness used.

The tag should give you the model, serial, date, fabricator, and where made.
    Pictures may allow us to pass along more info, but without seeing it, we can't tell you what you have.