1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fisher stove sizes

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by CamFan, Oct 1, 2011.

1. CamFan

CamFan Member

Loc:
    North East Georgia
    I have been watching the forum and it seems wood length acceptance is what determins what the stove is. I am going to list the top widths and stove body lengths to help clear this up.

Style width depth
    Baby 15 1/2" 21 1/4 Single door with one draft cap 6" vent
    Mama 18" 27" Single door with 2 draft caps same door was used on the Papa 6"
    Papa 20" 32" 6" vent
    GMa 25 1/2" 20 1/4 Double door with 2 draft caps Normally 8"
    Gpa 30" 22 1/4" Double door with 2 draft caps Normally 8"

Nothing is mentioned much on the inserts like the Gma insert, Polar Bear, Honey bear, Series IV, or TF-88 or the free standing stoves like Honey Bear, Goldilocks, TF-88 frestanding. Gma III, Gma IV,
    Now if a factory wanted more overhang or less I have seen both but no more than a 1/2" generally more.

I made two styles of home cook stoves after everything was stopped being made, a Great Grandma it was 25 1/2 wide and 32" deep, it would burn for 3 days if you did not open the doors. I also made a double door baby, It was the width of the Honey bear and the body was 19" tall like a baby. If you find one of these I made it. I will have a HM and SB on the bottom. Home Made by me

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    X L
    Width 33 1/2" across 5/16" top plate
    Depth 21 1/4" box only. 1/4" everywhere else

I've found it's easier to have people count bricks (GM 5 across back, compared to GP using 6) or by the log length they accept. It's enough to figure out what they're selling or buying. I do get people asking shipping weight, screen size, and for owners manual pdf copies.

Here's what my notes look like from years of collecting info from manuals, ads and stoves themselves; I'll use Goldi as the example

Goldilocks Radiant Heater / Fireplace Stove
    UL / Mobile Home Listed, HUD Approved

2 door; trademark Bear-O-Matic draft control
    intake through pedestal

Measurements with 6 inch flue model;

Box Width 21 1/2
    Overall Width top plate 23 1/2 5/16 thick
    Box Depth 19 1/4" thick plate
    Box Overall Depth with rear shield 20 1/2
    Overall Depth w shelf and rear shield 26 1/2
    Height Rear 33 /34
    Height Front 29
    Height overall w collar 36
    Weight 420 lbs.
    Wood length 16" rec. / act. 18" brick to brick
    Heats approx. 1250 S.F.
    Door Opening 17 w X 10 h
    Chrome rectangular GM screen 19 X 12
    Hinge plate c to c 12"
    Installation Kit intake and chimney made by Simpson Dura-Vent
    Larger model avail. with 8" flue (pg. 14)

Introduced approx. Oct. 1978 (manual copyright) later manual 1980
    Size in manual given as; Ht. 36 , W-24, Depth 26
  3. CamFan

CamFan Member

Loc:
    North East Georgia
    very good, I see what you are saying. Over the years every one says they have a single door gma. Alot of time it was nnot even a Fisher. So I guess keeping things simple is better. You have again really done your homework. I am impressed. :)
  4. slawyoung

slawyoung New Member

can you provide any further specifications on the polar bear insert? How can it be identified?

below are some pictures. Does anyone recognize this insert? What is the model?

thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]