Fisher XL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Which door style, nickel or brass, top or rear vent, and how much are you willing to spend?
Is this for use or collection?

Thanks for responding. My wish list would include the sunburst doors, nickel plated, and top vent (could make rear vent work) I am flexible on price. I would be using this stove to heat my house.

Only one I know matching those requirements, all original;
Weyers Cave Virginia; $3000 message me for seller info if you need it.

weyers cave VA XL $3000.jpg

There is a rear vent in Ca. but the doors have been polished from original rough texture and replated. Not sure of price but it won't be cheap and is not original.

XL Replated 2 9-17-2011.jpg XL Replated 8 9-17-2011.jpg

Coaly,

Thanks for all your help with the XL info. Do you happen to know how else to contact the seller of the stove in VA? If so I’d be willing to give you my info to pass along to him.

I have an XL owners list with only one in VA. After searching with the serial number 9428 using the search feature at top, it came up with this thread.
This is the stove and owner you should be able to message;
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/fisher-xl-questions.101194/#post-1299176

If you're able to buy the stove let me know so I can update the owners info.
Coaly,

You have been such a great resource. Thank you so much for all the info. I’ll let you know how it turns out!!

Coaly,

I spoke to the gentleman who had the xl and he sold it a while ago. Thought you’d like to know. I have his number if you want it to try to get the new owner info for your records.

Did he mention if it went to New Jersey ? There's not many to keep track of.

Did he mention if it went to New Jersey ? There's not many to keep track of.

He didn’t mention. I have been talking to a guy in Utah who at one time had 6 XL’s but now has 4 left. Can you confirm this on your owners list? He sent me a pic of one and is supposed to be sending pics of the other two he is willing to sell. He has one top vent with the sunburst doors he is keeping for himself. The 3 he will sell are all rear vent.

You must be talking about the guy with quite a few stoves in a storage unit. I can't confirm how many he has. I would pick up in person and not send money expecting any delivered.

I don't know how many were made.
Should a serial number that starts with UT under the left rear leg. Usually a small stainless tag.