Fiskars splitting axes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
First time ever splitting by hand. The X27 makes splitting wood fun!!!!

31536a58f114031fcd1b447840e07510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stercomancy
X27 is an amazing splitting axe and its power is impressive for its size and weight. Because I split jumbo size pieces of hardwood, If I only had to choose one splitting axe, it would be a regular maul which can handle almost anything which is not the case for the X27. I understand that for some people who only have easier to split wood or who also use a splitter for hard to split rounds this is an excellent investment. I use it in alternance with my regular maul on rounds that are easier to split.

Reactions: joneo
First time ever splitting by hand. The X27 makes splitting wood fun!!!!

View attachment 239374

Splitting easy wood is fun with any kind of maul.

Splitting difficult wood is better exercise than most people want with any kind of maul. ;)

A regular old 6# maul works just as well as the Fiskars and can be had for a few dollars at yard sales and such. The Fiskars is easier on your joints due to being lighter, though.

Reactions: coutufr
The older I get, the more I prefer to actually spend a little money on certain products (like axes) so I don't have to replace them in a few seasons. This is a solid choice for splitting wood at home that is likely to last a lifetime (or at least a few decades if you take care of it).
glrFp6T.jpg

The mighty mighty Fiskars.

Attachments

• feb20191.jpg
    feb20191.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 142
  • feb20192.jpg
    feb20192.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 145
  • feb20193.jpg
    feb20193.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 132