1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

fiskars x 27 what do you think

Post in 'The Gear' started by Maple man, Sep 25, 2012.

1. dorkweed

dorkweed Guest

I picked up my X25 at WallyWorld probably a year ago this coming January. Since then I've split about 6 cords of mixed ash, maple, box elder, red oak, and cherry. My Fiskars is the cats dupa for most everything except the really big rounds and the gnarly/knotty rounds.

The guys that "poopoo" the Fiskars are the guys that probably "throw like girls"!!!:p

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mudbug250

mudbug250 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central Mississippi
    I have been impressed with the rigidity of the handle. With my other axes and mauls, if I really get it stick in a round and crank on the handle to get it loose, the handle flexes. No so with the X27, I give a yank on the handle and it does not flex and pulls the head right out.
  3. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    HAHA! Trust me dorkweed, I never throw like a girl. HA! But seriously, that 6 cord you split with the Fiskars in the year you've owned it is a great job well done! :)
  4. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    zzzaaaaa.jpg

Oh we have a kid here that still in pull ups that can throw down! ;)
    MasterMech, Thistle and quads like this.
  5. ColdNH

ColdNH Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bow, NH
    Got my x27 in the mail today. All i can say is god daymn this thing rocks. I feel like i must have been working twice as hard before
  6. Larry in OK

Larry in OK Member

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    I've got a X25 and it's a good tool. It will not replace my big maul or the wedges and sledge but it is a welcome addition to the tool bax. I will probably get an X27 this fall as the X25 just seems to be a little short when splitting on the ground.
  7. Coal Reaper

Coal Reaper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NJ
  8. adams614

adams614 Member

Loc:
    VT
    Just upgraded from the 25 to the 27. Still use the 25 for smaller splits but the 27 is doing a lot more of the work for ya. Wouldn't ever buy any other splitting maul, even though its more like an axe.
  9. Scols

Scols Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Springs New York
    I havent' touched my maul since I bought my X27.Now I get tired just looking at my maul.